Tuesday 19 February 2013

Poets in the Spotlight - Poetry Competition

I just entered a writing competition for poetry; and I don't even like poetry! But I thought I should probably enter something and this didn't have any entry fees which is always nice. The competition is called Poets in the Spotlight by United Press:

Poets In The Spotlight (Closing Date: 26th April 2013)
There's a £100 prize to the winner of our latest free poetry competition - and you have three chances to win.
As well as choosing one winner we are going to publish the best of the rest in a brand new book.
The title of the competition is Poets In The Spotlight, but your entry doesn't have to be a poem on a fixed subject - you can let your imagination run free!
Your entry must be something you haven't sent to us before.
You can submit up to three poems of no more than 25 lines (including blank lines) and 160 words each.
You can enter online via our online submission form, or by post to:
Poets In The Spotlight, United Press Ltd, Admail 3735, London, EC1B 1JB (Just make sure you include your full name and address on your entry).

I just Googled 'poetry competitions' and that's what came up. There is a chance of being published which is what I'm most interested in. There was another competition from Poetic Republic where after you entered a piece you had to judge the others. It sounded good but I wasn't sure if I'd really have the time to do it, what with my dissertation due soon and all. Now I have to play the waiting game, and hope that I win, or at least get acknowledged.  

Before Christmas I entered a BBC Radio 4 competition and I think the results of that are in March, so fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment