Saturday 16 March 2013

Longlisted for BBC Radio 4 Opening Lines

Only yesterday did I mention that I didn't think I was going to get anywhere with the BBC Radio 4 writing competition, Opening Lines. Then, a couple of hours later I got this email:

Thank you for sending your story to us which we enjoyed reading very much. 

We’re getting in touch now to let you know that your story is one of 65 which have made it through to the Opening Lines longlist. We received 760 stories in total.

We’d like to keep hold of your submission for another six weeks in order to give it a second read. We’ll then be in a position to draw up a shortlist of stories from which three will be selected for broadcast.

We’ll contact you again towards the end of April with further news.


OH MY GOSH! I was so excited. I still am!

I was complaining the other day how I never win  anything. I said to my boyfriend in a depressed tone, 'This is my life now, entering competitions...' I added a new page to my blog, Achievements, and thought 'I have no good writing ones.' 

And ta-da! That's all changed!

But now I'm nervous for April! 

No comments:

Post a Comment