Wednesday 18 May 2011

For I Will Consider My Dog J.D.

This is a poem inspired by Christopher Smart's 'For I Will Consider My Cat Jeoffry'. This was a quick task we had to do in class and I did my own version based on my dog J.D.

 For I Will Consider My Dog J.D.

For I will consider my dog J.D.
For he is the pest that destroys our house
For he can chew anything to pieces in minutes
For nothing is safe from his tiny jaws
For he has eaten the last puzzle piece
For he licked a hole in the expensive cardigan
For he chewed through many electrical cables
For his hunger is never satisfied
For he is small but his appetite huge
For he stands low but his bark is high
For his ears are large yet he never listens
For he is J.D. and that’s just who he is.





1 comment:

  1. For he is the one who makes my eyes itch...

    ReplyDelete