Saturday 4 August 2012

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman!

My second post of August; I think I'll be able to make four more posts easily.

This post is just to say how awesome comic books are. I've been totally sucked in to the whole superhero scene following The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman, and The Dark Knight Rises (my favourite being TDKR). Oh, we also watched The Green Lantern the other day...what a disaster that was!

For my birthday we dressed (loosely) like superheroes and went to see TDKR at the cinema. We even had superhero cakes, which my mum and myself made. Like them?

Wonder Woman
The Green Lantern
Superman
The Flash
And Batman
 (Okay so we didn't make the Batman one, that was from Tesco.)

I dressed as Wonder Woman, well, I had a Wonder Woman top and her crown and arm dealies at least. But I wanted to know more about her so I bought the comic book, Wonder Woman: The Circle, and it is pretty damn good. I just love the style of drawings and not to mention the lady herself. By that time I had just read The Dark Knight Returns as part of my reading list for my third year. I preferred the art in Wonder Woman but the Frank Miller comic was still good.

Today I read Teen Titans: A Kid's Game and boy was it amazing. Every superhero seemed to be in it and they totally rocked. I especially loved the fight between Wonder Woman and Starfire, and now I'm not sure who I like more! Needless to say, I have now bought the next two in the series.

I was a bit apprehensive about my Comic Book and Graphic Novel module but now I'm just dead excited. I have a feeling it's going to be my favourite module and I have already done a tonne of background reading before the year has even begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment