Thursday 15 March 2012

Writing Woes

Do you ever get to that moment where you just can't be bothered to write?

I'm feeling like that right now. I literally can't think of any ideas for my Textual Intervention piece based on fairy tales. Everything I write seems to be boring, flat, and already done to death. And yet I need at least 500 words by tomorrow!

Another problem are my Creative Voice 'sketches'. They're four 500 word pieces about image, voice, character, and setting. I just looked at some examples from past students and they are more original, inspired, and generally much better than any of mine are.

And then there's my Fiction for Children piece, Royalteen. Every time I hand a draft in to my lecturer, she  rips it to shreds. I do everything she says, but then next time I give her a copy there's even more scribbles and notes on it. I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. I so want it to be good but I bet I only get a 2:2 for it.

I just don't think my writing is good enough. My style isn't fun, lively and bright. It's bland. I don't write creatively at all. And I still have to pick my FYP! I don't have the confidence to do a piece of young adult fiction any more, not after having Judy as a lecturer!

I'm at a complete loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment